1. Get something out there for people to interact with and talk about (”Release Early”).
2. Understand people’s wellness requirements (”Listen to Your Customers” + “Iterate Often”).
3. Learn what we are good at and what we are crap at (”Fail Fast”).
What I even more like is his advice about customer service. Would be great if other companies would just do it a little bit like this:
This is our customer service approach:
1. Answer ALL emails and tweets.
2. Build a support site that is SEO’d and contains all the questions people ask (support.gymu.com).
3. Find our evangelists and love them.
4. Find our haters and love them more than our own mothers.
5. Do whatever it takes to fix a customer’s problem, even if that means meeting them to give them pre-release code!