Check out this lessons learned presentation from Angellist Founding Engineer Joshua Slayton. Apparently Angellist has a culture with no managers, no schedules, no code reviews, no tests. Instead they focus on constant deployment, constant customer support and constant hiring. This presentation gives some insights into how and why they do it. Good advice.
I just heard that Steve Jobs has passed away. Although I am not an Apple fanboy I truly admire and respect what Steve Jobs has done for the tech world, the web economy, the music industry, the phone industry, design thinking, usability, entrepreneurship, the startup community, leadership and so much more. Thank you Steve!
Here is probably the most remarkable speech by Steve Jobs, which gives great insights into his way of thinking. It is truly inspirational and an absolute must watch.
Here are some links relating to Steve Jobs that I posted in the last years:
- Great video portrait of Steve Jobs
- The secret of Steve Job’s success (by John Sculley, Apple’s ex-CEO)
- Clarity in design – Steve Jobs interview about Paul Rand
- One more thing by Steve Jobs – The products revealed as “one more thing”
- Steve Jobs talking about what Apple believes in
RIP Steve Jobs.