If you are interested in changing the world or just how to be a better manager, this is a great presentation to get some brainfood. All in Jurgen Appelo style. 🙂
A well-structured and comprehensive presentation about Complexity Thinking. Absolutely worth checking out.
On Friday, during likemind CGN, I had an interesting discussion with a couple of guys. We started off, talking about the future of recruiting and soon had a controversial debate on corporate culture and new styles of work. Both topics I find hugely interesting.
Not only have I worked as a management consultant with corporations on enterprise 2.0 and change management topics. As an entrepreneur I have a huge impact on the corporate culture at talential.com myself. We are a decentralized – almost virtual – company, thus making it essential to establish new working styles, rules of interaction and cultural values.
I will try to post more about these subjects in the next months. Some of my most controversial arguments were
- fire (all) your managers
- employees should select their boss (aka “leadership is defined by followership”)
- employees should choose their own salary
- job titles are toxic
- virtual teams are more productive (aka “why each employee should have his own room”)
- trust is more important than control
- the illusion of growth
- planning is overrated (aka “nobody has a clue”)
- hire lazy employees
- perfection is the enemy (aka “good is good enough”)
- money is not a good motivator
- a business plan is worthless
see if I will write about these topics in German or English. I might even open up a new blog. Stay tuned…